Monday, October 12, 2015

The Polyphasic Sleep Experiment: Days 6 and 7


Ok, so Saturday was an interesting day for my sleeping polyphasicness. Carter and I went to see Bernie, so I missed my first nap by several hours. I was still feeling pretty good though!

I took my second nap at about 8, and then my third nap at midnight. Things were still good. It's nice to know that there's some flexibility when it comes to the nap times.

Sunday was also a bit of a test. I didn't end up having my second nap until 7, and then completely skipped my third nap. I was too busy recording my Bernie song. During the whole process I had copious amounts of energy! It was great! However I started fading around 3am and ended up going to sleep at 3:30. I set my alarm for 7:05, but slept through it until 8:45.

Anyways, it's been a week! Crazy, right? I've gained 24 hours of awakedness since Monday. Pretty cool. Overall it's been pretty great - more time to do stuff and I've felt good for most of the time. There has been some moments of grogginess though. For instance right now I feel like a lost wildebeest. Don't even ask. But I think some of that has come from my utter lack of consistency when it comes to my napping schedule. I'll try to do better, I swear.

There's something really cool about these short naps. Yesterday I was helping dad organize his mail and Carter was making dinner, and then I realized I needed to take my nap. So I did. And still was there five minutes before the pizza was ready to eat. Boom. Also I'm not experiencing any of that awefulness that usually comes with naps. You know the kind where it feels like you just wasted a perfectly good chuck of your day and you wake up and you are like physically angry? Oh, that's just me? Oh. Ok then. Well anyways, no more of that shit.

Ok, I think I'm done. Yes, fully cooked.
Kupr

No comments:

Post a Comment