Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day 5: Exploring Times Square

Do you ever have a day where you just want to sit at home and do nothing? Maybe watch a movie and eat some noodles and drink some milk? Well what happens when you feel like that but you also happen to be visiting NYC? I guess you could say I was being lame for sitting in the apartment working on my computer when there is a cultural hotspot right outside the window, but screw it man! I was happy just sitting on a couch playing video games and watching movies and working on the Tara Tech Crew logo.

At about 4pm I started thinking about doing something real, so I took a shower, got dressed, and headed out into the city. First I stopped by a bar called 1 2 3, with 1 dollar burgers, 2 dollar shots, and 3 dollar beers. The part that they don’t say on the sign is that the minimum order of burgers is 3 for $3.75. I guess $1.25 is the new $1. They were pretty good and they had a bunch of sauces to smother your bambinos with.

Next I walked to the Times Square area and watched people for a while. I tried to pick up chicks by saying “Excuse me, I think you dropped something” and handing them a scrap of paper with my number on it, but two that I managed to give out yielded a paltry return of 0. Part of the problem, I think, was that as soon as I handed them the piece of paper I ran away with a look of terror on my face, quite opposite from the smile-and-wink that was planned…

I tried to use my Olive Garden gift card, but the dude said it would be 45 minutes, and I couldn’t leave the building. So I left and kept walking. After seeing at least three Iron Mans, a Captain America, and some Statue of Libertys, I found a 99 cent pizza place. I got a slice. It was damn good! To hell with 3 dollar slices at Sal and Carmine’s, this stuff is the bomb! As I was walking away I saw a homeless dude and I thought about the Roman Atwood prank where they get the pizza guys to deliver a free pizza to the “undercover CIA agents posed as homeless guys” (read homeless guys). I went back and ordered a whole pizza with the intent to give out slices to the brothers in need. Now, I’ll be damned, but finding homeless dudes when you are actually looking for them is one of the hardest things ever! I ended up having to eat 2 of the slices ‘cause I couldn’t find enough dudes to give them to!

After I had given away the last slice, I made my way back to the apartment, watched another episode of, you guessed it, Psych, and went to sleep in the luxurious green silky covers, this time a green ball staring at me while I dreamed.


~ ~ ~

I will be attending a Tom Brown Tracker School class this coming week, so will be unable to continue blogging. I will, however, pick up in a week with a long post about Tracker School and continue with my vacation from there. Thank you for taking the time to read my humble rendition of a travel blog! Hope you’ve enjoyed it.


Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment